Number Plate Documents

Bellow is the list of all the accepted forms of ID and proof of ownership for making your new plates

Proof of Ownership-

  • vehicle registration certificate (V5C)
  • new keeper slip (green slip)
  • a certificate of entitlement (V750)  to the number
  • a retention document (V778)
  • a renewal reminder for vehicle tax  or SORN (V11)
  • a temporary registration certificate (V379)
  • a number plate authorisation certificate (V948) with an official stamp from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA)
  • an electronic number plate authorisation certificate (eV948) or an electronic trailer number plate authorisation certificate (eV948/2)
  • a letter of authorisation from a fleet operator (including lease or hire company) quoting the document reference number from the V5C
  • UK trailer registration certificate (VTRC)

Form of ID-

  • driving licence, with or without a photo  (doesn’t have to be issued in the UK)
  • utility bill, Council Tax or rates bill in Northern Ireland (from the last 6 months)
  • bank or building society statement (from the last 6 months)
  • national identity card (issued by the government of a state or territory other than the United Kingdom).

The following will confirm your name only (would still require a proof of address):

  • passport (does not have to be issued in the UK)
  • bank or building society debit or credit card
  • police warrant card
  • armed forces identity card.


Please don’t miss out on getting your new plates!


Failure to supply these documents will result in us sending a refund minus a 10% admin fee