Racingline Performance DSG Oil Cooler System - MQB DQ381
Racingline's unique DSG Oil Cooler Kit is an essential fit for any hard-driven MQB 2.0 TSI car running high power levels or in hot climates. It's a complete ready to install package, using a clever sandwich plate design for straightforward and completely reliable installation.
Transferring more power and torque through the DSG gearbox generates ever more heat to dissipate. ¶ÿSignificantly increased oil temperatures means only one thing: a decrease in the ability for your DSG box to stay properly cooled, eventually causing power drop¶ÿand gear selection issues.¶ÿ
- Under hard driving, the factory DSG oil/water cooler is easily overwhelmed. Problems start to occur when oil cannot dissipate its collected heat fast enough and the oil begins to thin and degrade - losing its lubrication properties.
- When this happens,¶ÿthe DSG will protect itself and¶ÿbegin to lower the torque, increase shift times and in extreme circumstances even loose gear selection.
- The RacingLine kit solves this problem: by adding in an additional air/oil cooler positioned right in the airflow at the front of the car, oil temperatures are reduced by around 15 ¶ÿ- 20 ¶ÿ degrees centigrade (of course dependant on how the car is being used, ambient temps and state of tune).
- The kit uses a clever design which¶ÿretains the factory oil/water cooling¶ÿand¶ÿadds¶ÿto it with the thermostatically-controlled¶ÿfront-mounted cooler - doubling up your cooling capability when it's needed with¶ÿless heat transfer into the water system.
- Only when the oil exceeds normal temperatures, the thermostat opens. Oil¶ÿtemperature then drops significantly as it is pumped through the densely packed fins of the 10-row¶ÿcoolerƒ??s large surface area mounted right in the cool airflow.